Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Thankful for St. Nick

Today is St. Nicholas' Day! You know, the guy they based Santa off of? Yea, not many people know who he is. He was known to place coins in shoes that were left in the doorstop in the 4th century. We always put our shoes out the door at school at St. Isidore's. I loved it. My friend put on her facebook about putting your shoes out. So, I decided to do it for the girls. Obviously, Bean had no clue what was going on, but Peanut was sure excited to see cookies and chocolate in her shoes in the morning!

Shoes with Loot!

Peanut sees the cookie and points them out!

Ooo, cookies for breakfast!


And today for the season, I wanted to do some fun crafts. It was rainy, been rainy, so we needed to do something fun. I decided to do Bean's footprint as a tree. I attempted to do a hand, but she still holds her hand clenched in a fist most of the time. For Peanut, we did her handprint. We made three of each, so that Grandma, Grandpa, and RoBrotz and myself can all have one!

Bean's on the Left, Peanut's on the Right

No comments:

Post a Comment