Monday, December 05, 2011

Thankful for Being Happy

Today's Post:

When I was lost and turned away from You, You refused to let me walk away. You stayed with me and made sure to put people in my life that would help me on my journey back to You. Thank you.

For a long time, after my mom passed away and I went out of state to college, I fell into a deep depression. It's not coincidental that I had lost my faith at this same time. I wondered how a God I loved could take the one person I loved and adored more than anything (at that time) away from me. After a long time, and my wonderful husband, I was able to return from the terrible depressed place I was in for almost 5 full years.

God was there for me, no matter what I believed. He gave me the friends (mainly friend, Laura, throughout college) to battle my demons. He saved me from myself. He stood beside me and helped take the pain away when I asked him.

It wasn't until I had my baby girl, Peanut, that I truly turned to Him with my praise and worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment