Friday, December 02, 2011

Thankful for Sleeping In

I love being a mom. But some days, I miss being able to sleep in. I'm still in shock when I get to sleep in past 6:30. When Peanut was younger, she put herself on an early sleep schedule. She'd be asleep by 6 PM, but that means she was up around 6 AM. During the week, that was fine because I needed to be up for work. We'd leave the house at 7:30. So now, even on leave, she is still on the same schedule. But it's okay. I'll just have my few cups of coffee in the morning and I'm raring to go!

Bean has been on almost the same schedule as Peanut now. We're finally in a good pattern for bedtimes. It took a while, but I think we're there. Peanut eats dinner around 5ish, while Bean nurses. Then, every other day, it's bath night. Bean gets her bath first, then is swaddled and tucked into her bouncer while Peanut gets her fun bath. It's usually a good 30 minutes to do bath time for both girls. I can't wait until I can put both girls in the tub at the same time. I don't think I put Peanut in the actual tub, not the baby tub in the actual tub, until she was about 7 or 8 months. Hopefully that'll make bath time a bit quicker, until at least they learn to take baths on their own! Many years until that will happen. Once Peanut's bathed and put in PJs, we all go into her room (Bean still in her bouncer) and we do stories. A friend of mine said that she normally does about 15 minutes of reading, so depending on which book/story she read meant she might read one story or three to five. Then, Peanut's put in her crib, usually upset because the 'bebe' and mama are leaving the room. Once Bean sleeps through the night, we might put her and Peanut in the same room. Anywho, once Peanut's down, I take Bean into her room, nurse her again, and rock her until she's drowsy.

All said and done, I'm back downstairs, alone, by about 6:45-7. I'm hoping to eventually knock that down to about 6:15. I tend to read blogs or what not on my phone while rocking Bean to sleep. Some days, it's just nice to hold her while she's sleeping. She's only waking once a night (knock on wood) now. Normally, she'll wake anywhere between 2 and 4:30 AM. Depending on what time she initially woke up, she'll be up for the day between 6 and 7. I like when she's asleep until 7, so Peanut and I can wake up a bit!!!

So today, I'm thankful that both girls slept in until past 7 AM!!! I don't remember the last time I did that! Very thankful to Jesus today for both girls sleeping in until after 7!!!! They are so energetic and precious but sometimes, this mama needs to sleep in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment