Saturday, June 21, 2008

Julia's Shawl

I'm working on my first real lace project. It's Julia's shawl from Wrapped in Comfort. I'm using Shadow Lace in the Juniper Heather color. It's a lot different than what I'm used to knitting with. It's harder than I thought because I'm a tight knitter. Oh well, it's a new experience for me. I'm enjoying it tremendously. I also just received my first set of Harmony Interchangable Circulars!!! I'm super excited!!! :-)
I'm using stitch markers ever 6 stitches just because I'm so easily distracted. I usually knit while watching TV or I bring it to work to do while I'm taking my lunch break. Yes, I know I should EAT during this time, but I'd prefer to knit! I don't think I'm going to take this, though to work. I believe it's a bit difficult to bring and work on there. Maybe once I feel a bit more comfortable with it, perhaps I'll bring it in.

So far, I'm pleased with my progress. Hopefully it'll continue. I'll post blogs of my progress.

In other news, I picked up my wedding dress last night. OMG, the train is so long!!!!!!! I cannot believe how pretty it is!!!! I can't believe that I'm really getting married. Well, this shawl will be for my flower girl and hopefully I'll have enough time to make one for me too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment