Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Adam's Mohawk Hat

I found the pattern for a Mohawk hat in the DomiKNITrix book by Jennifer Stafford after a friend recommended it to me. My fiancé, Rob, saw it, and asked if I’d make it for him. After months of realizing he would never wear a sweater if I made it for him, I was only happy to oblige! I created the hat for my fiancé about, oh, a bit over a year ago. He works in TV Production for a rental company. Anyway, he wore it to work one day because he was cold and I made it out of Kramer’s Yarn, Mauch Chunky, which is a wool yarn. It’s not very itchy when knitted up and he loves it (He's 29!). See photo!
So all the boys in the shop saw this (after the girls rolled their eyes profusely!) and immediately begged me for ones, who you would think were 5 instead of 25-35! I promised Adam first. Well, that was about 6-8 months ago!!! Whoops! I really did start on it. I just haven’t had motivation to do another hat… Plus, my wedding’s in 4 months, and I’ve been planning that AND Rob and I just moved into our first house.So I finally decided to start up on it again. I made the Widow’s Peak and just finished the Right Gusset. Tonight, I’ll start on the Left Gusset, and hopefully get the Nape done by Saturday. Then I can add the Mohawk hair to it this weekend and I can give it to him so he’ll be happy. Not that he’ll be able to wear it until the fall anyway, but at least it can be done with. I’ll post pictures of my progress, if I remember!
Widow's Peak (1/8/08)


Right Gusset (6/12/08)

Left Gusset (6/13/08)

Beginning of the Nape (6/14/08)

No comments:

Post a Comment