Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Arielle's Shawl is Done

I finished up the Julia's Shawl from Wrapped in Comfort on this past Friday. I was knitting at Creationfest, in between my camera working. I got to meet bands like Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, and Kutless! It was pretty awesome, especially when Skillet and Toby Mac had pyro going. Rob and I made sure to stay away from where the explosions were occuring. But in my off time, I was able to complete my shawl. It has a few little slips and I had to catch a few stitches so I figure only I'll notice. It's really pretty though.
I love the way my Knit Picks Harmony circulars feel in my hands. A few times, the interchangable needle came loose. I'm not exactly sure how but oh well. It was easy to tighten back up. They were so smooth to knit with, I found myself trying to "sticky up" my fingers so that the needles wouldn't slip from my grasp. But it worked out wonderfully. Plus the Knit Picks Shadow lace yarn was so nice to work with. The Juniper colorway is a bit darker than the green in the dresses, but I think with the lace pattern, no one will notice!


I really hope Arielle loves this shawl as much as I loved making it for her. Now onto mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment