Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wedding Ideas

I had an amazingly awesome idea for the wedding pop in my head as I was reading Ravelry’s With This String, I Thee Wed! one topic of wedding favors. I was reading through the ideas others had come up with. And it got me thinking about what I want to do for mine… So I have decided on…. Drum roll please



Small translucent/mesh-like bags filled with Tea, Cinnamon Sticks, Lemon Honey Sticks, and Sugar Cubes. If I want someone else to do what I want, it’ll cost over $500!!!! And if I want personalized tea covers, it’s like $150 bucks! WTF, I’m not going to pay that amount for my freakin’ name to be on 150 tea bags. I can make the amount of them myself and save 3/4’s that amount. I’ll just have to start on them closer to the wedding, probably mid-late September. It won’t take that long (hopefully) to put them together.

This will tie into what I’m doing for Bridal Shower Gifts. The wedding bags. I’m done with 11 of them, starting on the 12th. I was surprised to find out that my Shine Sport from Knit Picks was actually Shine Worsted. I like it TONS, but I’m just sad that my Hollyberry colorway is in Shine Sport. I was also unpleasantly surprised to fine that one ball of my Fedora Shine Worsted only made TWO bags. And the second bag I skimped on because I didn’t have a lot of yarn left. I barely was able to cast off with the remainder! *sigh* But I really like how they’re turning out. There will be 39 people invited to the shower, but I don’t know how many people will show up.

OOOOhhhh, I also determined that I will have pine cones as my place card holders. I’m going to dry a bunch out, spray them a misty golden color, and tie autumny colored ribbon around them with the name cards on them. Such a good Autumny scene I’ll have going on!!!! And I can have the tags be in mini shapes of Maple or Oak leaves! *Gasp* I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment