Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weekend Wonders

RoBrotz got home on Friday morning. Peanut was thrilled. Dada was home a lot this past week. Yay for down weeks. Not to mention the weather was really nice. Friday was an uneventful day. Our friend, C, came over in the afternoon. She watched the girls so RoBrotz and I could gp get a new phone for me uninterrupted! Even Bean cooperated for C!

Saturday was really nice too. The girls and I tagged along with RoBrotz to band practice. C was there, considering she is dating the sax player! We had fun and went to the park while the boys practiced. Later, RoBrotz and I went to our church group's Bible study/life group. I really enjoyed it and was glad we went even though we had to run quickly to Starter's for the band's gig. It was nice that they didn't have to set up or anything. RoBrotz usually provides the PA system.

Today was a lazy day. Bean barely slept the night before, waking every 1.5 hrs. Ugh!!! We skipped church since RoBrotz was going away at 1:30. I want to go but he's home so rarely that I want to enjoy the time we have together. If he had been leaving later in the evening, I would've said we'd go. After the girls and I dropped him off at the airport, I had a heck of a time getting Peanut to cooperate with anything for the better part of an hour. Between RoBrotz leaving and her trying to give up her naps, she was a disaster. Poor kiddo. Bean finally slept a few naps so I was able to give Peanut my full attention. It was a fun bath night and both girls went to bed without much of a fuss. Then, I was able to enjoy a small glass of wine on the back porch while reading my kindle fire.

It's hard to balance some days. I'm so thankful they get along and seem to really love each other (knock on wood). God truly has blessed us. I know RoBrotz goes on the road a lot and worries I hate him for it and the girls will too, but it's not true. I know he works hard to support our family and I'm thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment