Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Interior Motivation

T minus 10 days until Peanut's 2nd Birthday.  The house is an absolute disaster.  I can't believe I've let it get this bad.  It disgusts me actually.  Don't get me wrong, it's dusted/vacuumed/mopped/sanitized, but it's so freaking cluttered, I'm going nuts.  I actually looked up how to motivate myself while watching over 2 kids at home.  I found a web site that has a daily 'docket' that I think can help me keep myself motivated.  The problem is I think I don't give myself enough time alone during the day (and when I finally get the girls in the bed, I'm simply exhausted) and end up wasting a lot of time checking email, facebook (I'm way too addicted), babycenter, and messages.  I need to do it in the morning, then have the will power to not check it every minute of the day.  

I already filled out the docket for tomorrow and Friday.  I just have so much stuff to do.  Besides decluttering the downstairs, I need to finish sanding the deck by next Tuesday (the day I absolutely need to sand it in order to avoid possible showers and having it completed by the party), trim the hedges, weed the gardens, spray the lawn weeds, sprinkle grass grower, get the car inspected, make 5 more tutu's (party favors), practice making the Minnie Cake, make the actual Minnie Cake/cupcakes/wrap presents, and who knows what else!  I'm exhausted just thinking of it.  The hedges/weeding/grass stuff can wait a bit.  The biggest thing is the deck.  I still need to sand the posts and the outside of the deck.  I just need to prioritize and stop getting overwhelmed.

In other news, I did manage to take both girls to get their Easter, Bean's 6 month, and Peanut's 2 year photos.  What a nightmare!  LOL.  They were both being extremely fussy and throwing tantrums all morning.  I should have known better than to take them.  We managed to get a bunch of cute photos.  The girls were fabulous after we left.....  Figures.

Peanut & Bean

Peanut's 2 years old!!!

 Giggling Bean

Bean at 6 months

1 comment: