Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Still Not Done!

Lol, so nothing has gotten done with regards to my projects. I got caught up in reading Sookie Stackhouse the past week. See, I received the first 7 books for Christmas. I had read the first 4 about four years ago, when I borrowed them from my friend, Laura. So, since Christmas, I’ve read them all (and finished the seventh one Monday night).

With that being said, I haven’t really done much in the way of knitting. Becky and I didn’t get together until Monday evening of this week, and I had time to run out to get some items for her. I got her a quote book day calendar and some stuff from bath and body works.

I’m still working on the Tie-Front Sweater. I’m done the body and now half way finished with one arm. I’d like to work on it tonight, but I’m not sure if I will or not. I have to be honest with this yarn. I love the colorway and it is beautiful when knitted. However, I imagined it very girlie, thus the reason why I decided to use it while knitting this particular shirt. It looks something girlie that maybe a 4 or 5 year old girl would wear, not one that is only a few months (especially when the baby’s sex was a surprise and people will still be asking if it’s a boy or girl). Well, I know better now. The yarn seems to have a lot more pastel blue than the pink I had originally pictured for “Pixie Dust.”

I have been working on it when I’ve gone to Wired for the Tuesday night knitting group. I’m a big fan of getting together with a few other knitters and chatting through the evening. It’s a lot of fun but unfortunately, I won’t be there this coming Tuesday, as I am assuming I won’t be up for going out at night especially since that’ll be my first day back to work after my surgery Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment