Thursday, January 08, 2009

All These Projects and No Time To Do Them!!!!!

Sometimes I wonder if there is enough time in the day for all my knitting projects! I mean, I work 40 hours a week, and get a paid hour lunch (in which I use to knit, not eat. Eating occurs prior to my lunch break, while I’m working). Then, I try to get to the gym to work out (sometimes happens, sometimes not). When I get home, I make dinner for myself and dear hubby, Rob (he doesn’t cook much except pancakes and, well, that’s it). I’ll finally get to sit down at 7 or so and knit. So all in all, I get approximately 5.5 hours to knit per day.

Now that might seem like a lot of time, but it’s not enough for the amount of projects I have to do. I have 3 friends/family members due with babies in the upcoming year, which means baby blanket for each AND at least one outfit. Hubby tells me that I should work on projects for myself, but I’d much rather work on projects for my friends to appreciate. Plus, if I weren’t so crafty, I’d really like a crafty friend to make ME something.

On top of that, I have 2 pairs of gloves I need to finish, one for Jess (She bought the yarn over the forth of July and I put it off until after the wedding – October – but then I put it off again until after Christmas), and one for Rose (her belated Christmas gift). I also have to sew up a bag that I made for my best friend, Leslie. She also bought the yarn at a wine festival in July with hopes I’d make her something. The knitting aspect is complete, now I have to sew it together and line it. I don’t HAVE to line it, but I think it makes it better if you do! She knows what it looks like now, so we’ll just have to wait and see. I’m hoping to get it done prior to the Eagles game on Sunday (GOOOOO Birds!).

I also have one ‘hug’ to finish which will be for my friend Dale. She’s not a huge touchy-feely type of girl, so I figured I’d give this to her as my ‘hug.’ I’m a big fan of hugs when I’m upset or someone else is upset.

Alrighty, well, that’s it for now! Stay tuned for the next one about my current baby project for Brian. He and his wife just had a baby girl, Anna (Ah-nah) Janette. The name sounds like the Italian Wedding Cookies, so I told him I’m calling her Cookie. Anywho, I’m making the “A Perfect Little Girl – Tie Front Sweater” from the book, “Chic Knits for Stylish Babies” by Patricia Wagner. I’ll write in more detail about my process tomorrow or over the weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment