Sunday, October 21, 2012

Wedding!!!

My sister-in-law got married yesterday!  Peanut was one of 2 flower girls.  RoBrotz was a groomsman and I was a bridesmaid (matron?!? ugh, that makes me sound old...).  Beansprout was chilling in the audience with Grandpa.  To read about how Bean's dress was made, check out this link!

Great shot of my Dad with Beansprout, thanks to a friend who got this.
It was a beautiful day, albeit chilly.  The girls and I got to the pregaming station (Aunt C's house - which has beautiful outdoor photo ops, the same location I got ready for my wedding 4 years ago) around 9.  Right away, I was in a chair getting my hair pinned up and all prettified.  Peanut and Bean were being entertained by the other girls and my Dad.  Thank goodness he was there to help out, because I'm fairly certain I would have gone completely insane trying to round them up the entire time!  

Between all of us, we managed to go through the 2 bottles of champagne before we started photos.  We even managed to bribe Peanut with some chocolate pretzels to sit still long enough to get her hair pulled into a side ponytail with curls.  I need to be honest here.  At first, I thought the side ponytail would look terrible and tacky because, let's face it, it's a late 80's early 90's style and I'm not a huge fan of those days, at least in terms of fashion!  But it looked absolutely adorable, and she was an angel.  And after that, we all got dressed in our "princess dresses" as Peanut referred to our bridesmaid and flower girl dresses.

Peanut posing like a little princess!

We got our photos taken out on the deck at Aunt C's and I think we managed to get a few shots with the flower girls.  I may have told Peanut she'd have to take off her princess dress if she didn't pose for photos!  I think we have a few with her scowling...  Once all the pretty photos were taken with the beautiful princesses in the gorgeous fall foliage, we piled into the limo.  The kiddos were all driven over separately since they needed car seats.  (Again, thank you to my Dad for being so awesome with the girls).  Unfortunately, one of the bridesmaid began getting motion sick on our way.  We managed to curb the meh feeling but then my stupid brain started thinking, "huh, why am I not feeling sick?" and proceeded to start getting light headed.  Probably all in my head!

The Maid of Honor was able to get the boys away from us so we could run into the dressing room/bathroom while we waited for the ceremony to begin.  Meanwhile, the boys were supposed to get some photos taken as well outside.  However, we were told they didn't cooperate too well...  (we took more later).

Ceremony started and everyone made it down the aisle fabulously, save the ring bearer who just didn't want to do it at all.  Poor kiddo.  The ceremony was wonderful.  When they went to do the unity candle, the other two blew out from the wind once they lit the middle one, but the middle stayed lit!  I'd say that's a great sign.  Then the other flower girl attempted to "blow out" the candle because she wanted cake!  Oh the cute things kids think of, since they're used to candles only being on birthday cakes.  During the ceremony, Peanut was eating pretzels and walking down the rows waving at everyone.  Another time where I need to say thank you to Dad for keeping the girls quiet for us!!!

Once the ceremony was over, the bridal party moved into the garden area for photos.  We did lots of photos by a cute bridge, some in the grassy knoll area where we jumped enough times that my hair started falling out of the pins, thankfully the hairstylist was at the wedding and was able to re-do it for me!  RoBrotz and I were able to get a few good shots of us with the kiddos.  While the bride and groom were getting some solo shots, the rest of the bridal party was able to chat and enjoy the sunshine.

The reception was very nice.  The speeches given were very nicely done.  Peanut, the other flower girl, and the ring bearer started off the dance floor festivities after the dinner was done.  Bean made a horrible mess at the table.  I feel terrible for the serving crew who had to clean up the disaster zone.  We tried to contain it as much as possible, but it didn't work very well.  Lots of fun times were had by all!  I personally missed seeing the bouquet and garter toss but that's okay.  I was excited that I didn't need to be involved with it anyway!

I wish the couple a very long and happy lifetime together!  And to enjoy their wonderful honeymoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment