Monday, October 08, 2012

Long time no update

It's been a while.  I stopped posting a lot because I've not had much 'me' time.  Since becoming a SAHM (stay at home mom for those not up to date with the blogging world lingo), I've been too busy chasing a now 2.5 and a 1 year old to do anything for myself. 

I started my own 'business' on June 15.  I put it in quotes because I'm not doing it for money or to become a huge crafter business and I honestly haven't made too much money with it.  I love to crochet now that I've caught the hang of it.  It's SO much quicker than knitting!!!  I haven't had much time and motivation to make tons of items to vendors, but that's my own fault.  I'm my biggest road block because I've always had a terrible time motivating myself.

To unwind in the evenings, I've been reading books my husband has been recommending to me.  I read "American Sniper" by Chris Kyle, "Lone Survivor" by Marcus Littrell, and I just finished "Fearless" by Eric Blehm about the life of Adam Brown (check out the website).  It was amazing and has helped strengthen my faith in Jesus Christ.  I was so moved by the story, I wanted to write to his wife and express how moving life story was.  When I looked up the author's name for the book (because I'm that terrible with names), I came across the website linked above and decided to send a letter.  I hope it brings at least some comfort.

Peanut's growing, well, kind of.  She's still living up to her nickname of Peanut.  We go tomorrow for her 2.5 year well visit check up.  She's about 34 inches and 26 lbs so we'll see what her exact measurements are.  She's still barely in 18 month pants and 24/2T tops.  Her big ole belly needs to be covered!  Bean is doing well.  We've got all her many allergies figured out, I believe!  Lots to be sure.  She's growing just fine, but decided to slow down just like her big sister, weighing 18.5 lbs and is 29 inches.

It's begun to be busy season for RoBrotz again at work.  We'll be celebrating our 4th anniversary on Thursday too!  Hopefully he'll be back from his game in time that we can go out to dinner.  We shall see.  I may even get my hair all done for the fun time!

I've also been going to workout at this cool place called "Sweat Like a Girl".  My legs are killing me still from my Supermommy Boot Camp workout this past Friday!  I'll go tomorrow for torture of my core!  Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment