Monday, August 15, 2011

Very Busy Crafty Month

I've been working on Peanut's Blueberry Jam Toddler Cardigan. I'm making it in the 18 month size of Diane Soucy's Easy Baby Cardigan. I hope that Peanut will be in 18 month clothing this winter. We shall see!!! I was stopped for a few days because I realized I didn't have size 7 DPN and I was rounding out using the remainder of my second skein of yarn, the Cotton Supreme Batik in Blueberry Jam. I was able to finally get to The Knitter's Edge and pick up another skein in the same dye lot as well as a set of size 7 DPN. Now to get on doing the sleeves of the cardigan! Here's it with no sleeves!
In the mean time, while I was waiting to find the time to hit up the knitting store, I decided that Bean needed a matching cardigan. I started it in the Pink Lemonade colorway and I'm hoping I only need 2 skeins of this color for the 6 month size. If it weren't for attempting to match up the sleeves with the color changes, it wouldn't have been a big issue with Peanut's outfit. I'm calling it her Watermelon Candy Baby Cardigan, because it looks like Watermelon more than Pink Lemonade to me!I'm also in the mist of knitting with the Westknits Myserty Shawl KAL 2011: Earth & Sky by Stephen West. I'm very excited to see how my shawl will turn out! A few others in the BSG FPB group were doing it, and I wanted to keep up with them with my knitting so I figured, I had the two String Theory Caper Sock Yarns in both Black Tulip and Black Cherry. I've been looking for an excuse to knit with these two yarns. Plus, it had given me an excuse to run over to K.E. and purchase another skein of this yarn to go with my knitting! Each week, we're given a clue for how this shawl will turn out. I will state that I was tricky and decided to wait until I saw how other people's shawls were turning out before deciding which colors went where!!!! I'm really enjoying watching the progress. I'm on Clue #3, and that means that I basically make what I have with row of the purple and green, then another row of red/purple, green/purple, red/purple. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm hoping to have this clue done by Friday at the latest, but that'll be pushing my knitting ability at home at night! I'd bring this with me to work on at lunch, but it's hard to keep track of 3 balls of yarn at once at home, let alone toting them with me to work. Here's to fingers crossed that I can get a few more things done knitting wise this month!!! Instead, I'll drag my Baby and my Toddler Cardigans around with me!!!


Here are my three colors. Color A is Black Cherry (the red), Color B is Grove (the green), and Color C is Black Tulip (the purple)





Here is the what I have on my needles after clue #1 was completed!




Here's what I had on my needles after Clue #2 was completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment