Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bean Room Update

So, we've been slowly but surely getting the Bean's room put together. And by 'we', I mean, 'I'. RoBrotz has been out of town a lot recently with work. I think they're trying to utilize him as much as possible before I end up out on maternity leave, since we're not positive when that'll start. Not to mention, he has a band gig coming up next weekend that he and the boys have been prepping for. However, this ends up leaving little time for him to help do anything around the house. Honestly, I'm not writing that to complain, only to show that there's a reason why we're slacking on her room. Poor little Beanie Baby!!!



Anywho, this past weekend, I was able to finally get the crib together. I had purchased a few items for Bean's room last week from Amazon and received it all by Friday (woohoo - gotta love quick deliveries being on Amazon Mom). I initially wanted to get the bookshelf/storage cabinet put together for her room. I figured until the current desk gets moved out of there, I didn't want to 'clutter' up the room too badly. So I ended up putting the crib together. It took me longer than I anticipated, and after screwing and unscrewing the one bar 4 separate times, I finally got it all in place. Now this one is an older crib we received with a dropside, BUT I made sure it was secured and we won't be using the dropside portion of the crib.



SIL and FBIL may come pick up the desk tomorrow afternoon, pending the weather. It's been super rainy here, and they have an open truck to move it. Thus rain equals no desk moving. Arg! But it's not their fault!!! I know SIL is wanting to move it as much as I do with her nesting in overdrive! I can't believe she's due in 3 weeks. I'm hoping for her sake she goes early (just not too early - obviously!!! We don't want her little girl coming before she's ready).



So here's a breakdown of the list of stuff I've been slowly crossing off the list!



Peanut's Room
~Fold all laundry and put away
~Move changing table and dresser into Bean's room (not moving any furniture)
~Dust & Vacuum (but always needs it each week)

Bean's Room
~Put remainder of boxes in basement closet under the stairs
~Put record player and other small shelf in basement
~Move desk to basement or put in storage (SIL is picking this up hopefully tomorrow!)
~Vacuum and steam vacuum carpet
~Get crib from Dad’s and set up
~Move in dresser from Peanut's Room (purchasing a new changing table/dresser for Bean)
~Move changing table in from Peanut's Room (see above)
~Pick up closet organizers (already purchased a bookshelf/storage unit for Bean's room)
~Go through clothes in bin in Peanut's room (already put in Bean's room) to be put away in Bean's room

Basement
~Move items out of cardboard boxes and into storage bins
~Reorganize band equipment in storage area
~Move band crap from closet under the stairs
~Place remainder of boxes from Bean's room in closet under the stairs
~Throw away anything in storage area that can be thrown out
~Put together work out bench
~Clean sheets on Futon
~Pick up and organize
~Dust & vacuum

No comments:

Post a Comment