Monday, August 08, 2011

Nesting Has Taken Over!

Well, I had great motivation to get some crap done this past week!!! I had my MIL's carpet cleaner for the past few weeks. It was a wonderful thing. I still wanted to deep clean my living and dining areas, as well as Bean's room. I hadn’t been able to do Bean's room because there was still a bunch of crap in there. However, a friend of mine came over on Friday to help me move stuff down to the basement closet (thank goodness RoBrotz decided to finally clean out the closet and move all his music crap into the storage portion of the basement). SIL had her roommate moving out on Saturday, so she wanted the carpet cleaner this past weekend (she's due 3 weeks before me). Thus, I now had an absolute reason to get my butt off the couch and deep clean the carpets this week.


I worked on my living room on Wednesday evening. I managed to have everything out of the room, minus the two sofas stuffed in one corner of the room, and the TV stand. There was no way I was moving the TV. Way too expensive if it had been dropped (wouldn’t have been the first time I dropped a TV...) while being moved. I vacuumed the entire room, then used the carpet shampooer on the whole room. I ended up refilling the water four separate times. It was really gross but I’m thankful I finally buckled down and did it!


Well, I woke up early on Thursday before Peanut. I went downstairs, after checking that my neighbors (we live in a twin) weren’t home) and vacuumed the whole room before moving the furniture back into place. I then moved the sofas out of the way and cleaned that area. After Peanut went to bed last night, I moved the dining room around. The table went into the kitchen, as did a few odds and ends that were lying around. The chairs went into the living room. I then vacuumed the floor followed by the carpet shampooer! Once again, this morning, I got up early and vacuumed up the floor and moved the furniture back to its correct place.


Friday, I took a half day at work. My friend came over and I planned on making good use out of her young, non-pregnant butt (too bad she had a slight cold)! We were able to get the whole room packed up (what was left of it) and moved all the boxes into the basement in less than 45 minutes! We weren’t able to move one of the boxes down because it was way too heavy for either of us, and I definitely didn’t want her to hurt herself. RoBrotz has an old UPS thingy for the computer that is so massively heavy that I wasn’t able to move it anywhere. I made him promise it will be out of there within 2 weeks. We’ll see...


My Dad was able to come up and bring the crib and mattress with him yesterday. RoBrotz didn’t have a chance to set it up, but hey, at least it’s in the room!!! I put up a few of the pink, purple, and blue polka dots on the wall that will have the desk/changing table. I think it looks cute. I still have the tree decal to put up, but I’d like to wait until after the crib is together and the dresser is set up. I’m thinking that we’ll definitely move Peanut’s baby dresser into the room, and move RoBrotz’s old dresser into Peanut’s room, as her room is much larger than the baby’s room!

So much to do, and so little time to do it all in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment