Monday, May 04, 2009

Shipwrecked!!!!

I noticed that some weeks I feel more prone to writing than others. I guess the past few weeks was one of those I didn’t feel the urge. Oh well, I’ve been doing lots of stuff around the house and knitting, as usual. Plus, Rob was out of town last week, so I was able to get a lot more accomplished than usual!

I went to The Knitter’s Edge on its opening day of April 20th. I ended up getting 4 skeins of Jojoland Melody Superwash in the pastel blue and pink colorway. I started on the Jojoland Swirl Scarf that Sunday. Which means I’m working mainly on that scarf and Crystal’s Baby Blanket still.


But THEN, my Lost forum on ravelry decided they want to do a KAL (Knit A-Long) for all you non ravelry people. We’re working on the Shipwreck Shawl pattern. It is absolutely gorgeous. I initially wasn’t sure if I wanted to make this, but the pattern is so pretty that I kept coming back to it. Normally, I wait to purchase ANYTHING now or make something. If I keep thinking about it at a later time, say a week later, and I still want to get it or make it, I’ll start. So I toyed with the idea for about a month from when it was first introduced. Finally, last week, I said screw it, I’m making it. I love the pattern and I want to do it.

So I purchased 6 skeins of Knitpicks Palette in Blue Note Heather. It’s a finger weight 100% Merino Wool. The color is a mixture of mostly blues (royal and navy) with some hunter green and plum purple in it. I also purchased Czech Seed Beads 8/0 Blue Tones Mix, roughly 4800 beads, which will be threaded on the 3rd skein as I start the border.



So far, I finished the first 4 sections. I’m on the second time around on Round 8 of the Bleeding Hearts Pattern. I absolutely love the fact that it’s not too repetitive. I get bored when they are! The only time I ripped anything out was Round 10 of the Bleeding Hearts pattern because I didn’t move the stitch marker correctly. I knitted the stitch, then moved the marker, then K3 (Knit 3 stitches) instead of K4 (Knit 4 stitches). Other than that, I feel as though I’m making tremendous progress. Of course, that will change when I have loads of stitches on the shawl and placing beads in between the YO (Yarn Over). I’m excited to be doing my first KAL with the Lost girls. It’s a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment