Thursday, May 07, 2009

More Shipwrecked

Now that I have so many stitches on my needles, 290 in fact, it’s taking a lot longer to get an entire Round done on the Shipwreck Shawl. It’s taking about 40 minutes to do one round, ugh, and I thought I was a fast knitter. Well, I should take that back. It took me that long to do the first round of the Madeira Pattern. But I was also putting in stitch markers every 10 stitches so that it’s almost effortless to keep up with the pattern. I ended up messing up the 4th or 5th repeat of first round. Of course, I noticed this after I had gotten to the end and only had 8 stitches to do the last repeat. And, I had been counting all the repeats so that I knew where my stitch markers were supposed to be and they were correct. Ugh!

So I spent the better part of watching Lost ripping out the row. I was able to get about half of the next round finished though. So I’m on Round 59 out of 158. Yay, I’ve only got 100 more rows to do! OMG, that’s a lot. I know I won’t get to do much with it tomorrow though.

Rob’s 30th is tomorrow. He’s not very happy about it and I’ve been warning people not to sing at all. Many people have been teasing him about it and he keeps getting upset. Now I understand why he ‘feels’ old, but I’m trying to make him understand that he’s not old. I really hope I don’t feel this way when I turn 30 in 4 years. Luckily, my birthday is only 3 weeks away and I get to go to the IronPigs game that night. Okay, well, I’m off to change addresses, then ka-nit!

1 comment:

  1. The shipwrecked shawl is really lovely, and perfect for LOST fans, but I was intimidated by how big it looks in the pictures...

    ReplyDelete