Thursday, May 28, 2009

BSG Games

Okay, back to knitting again! Well, I finished the Madeira pattern for the Shipwrecked Shawl and have put that on hold. First because I was up at our cabin without any way to string the beads and I didn’t have any of my larger needles to put on the shawl. So I worked on the Collared Baby Boy Cardigan for the following couple of days until we got home. So I’m about half way done with that.

When I got home on Monday, I read my ravelry site. I joined the BSG FPB (Fleet Power Battle). Yup, I'm a dork/geek/nerd/whatever. It’s basically a game to see which team (Pegasus, Galactica, or Cylon) can knit the most stuff in each ‘term’. The term lasts 3 months. Each month, you can do an option of 1-6 briefings that must be started AND completed within that month. You get a certain number of points for starting a project, and a number of points for completing it. You can do one or all of them per month. Then there is Viper or Raider training. VT/RT is a difficult project that will take you the full term to complete. You get more points for that.

So I started on the Baby’s First DNA Model. I’m making it for my friend’s baby, but she doesn’t know it yet. Hopefully, I can get it done by the baby shower in a week from tomorrow. That just means I have to bust my butt. It’s not big, as I’m almost done the first cord of it and I’ve only worked on it for a few hours. Then I’m going to finish designing my first shawl with the BSG logo down the back and vipers and raiders coming down the sides. I’m excited!

1 comment:

  1. Muze-
    That shawl sounds like it is going to be cool. Don't you love this game? I spend as much time on the boards and reading new blogs as I do knitting my Engineering project.

    -ChickSix

    ReplyDelete