Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Maternity Cardigan DONE!


Whew! I finally finished a KAL! The BSG girls were knitting cardigans for the month of May. Took me one month to finish it, but I did!! Woo hoo, go me! Here is what I have posted on Ravelry with what I did, and when.

5.1 - Started knit using the small size of 37.5 in bust.
- Decided to use a KFB for my m1 increases


5.3 - Button holes on 9th and 17th repeat
- Second skein started around row 16


5.5 - Determined to make my increases only over the front and back of the cardigan, not the
sleeves. Increases would be done as follows:

K10; K3, YO (repeat 8x's); K46; K3, YO
(repeat 22x's); K46; YO, K3 (repeat 8 x's); K10


- 3 more rows of garter stitch before starting body and separating sleeves.
- do the first body row without doing lace - mistake on my part, but felt better to just start the lace pattern on row later.


5.9 - Decided that I'll do lace 20-25 times depending on how it lays.
- Third skein started on end of 4th repeat


5.13 - Fourth skein started on middle of 11th repeat


5.19 - Fifth skein started on end of 19th repeat


5.23 - Completed lace pattern after 20 times and thought it was the appropriate length


5.26 - Worked garter stitch for 12 rows and cast off with larger needles


5.30 - Picked up sleeves and underarm 7 stitches, worked garter for 6 rows. Decreased 4 stitches for rows 1 and 3. Cast off with larger needles


5.31 - Weaved in ends, sewed on buttons. FINISHED!!!



I wasn't too happy with the weird bagginess on the arms. I saw one of the projects on ravelry had a different type of knitting on the last 3 rows of the garter stitch on the top part of the cardigan. If I make this again, I will definitely be using that guide. I'll just have to remember to find it!



Here's a view from the front!






Here's a view of the final product from the back!



No comments:

Post a Comment