Monday, January 11, 2010

January Knits!

It’s been a long few weeks. I was able to relax recently, but that’s been because I’ve been sick. I’ve had an upper respiratory infection that turned into a horrible cough/pneumonia. I was put on bed rest for 5 days and will be having two half days at work the next two days. I’m still a bit weak but getting much better after being put on the Z-pack antibiotic. Peanut’s still k
icking like crazy and moving and shaking. Her new thing has been to stick her butt out on the right side of my belly. It’s quite amusing and comical.

As for knitting, I was able to get a bunch of things done in November and early December. First, I finally finished Crystal’s baby blanket for Hannah. It’s only 9 months late, but it’s done. I was going to give it to her over New Years, but I was sick and didn’t go out.



She had also asked me to make a new hat for Hannah with the same hat as I made for the Jester Hat way back when. I completed that in one day right before I got sick. She also requested that I make a matching one for her, but I’m still working on that. That’s what I get for being sick for two weeks!


For the FPB, I was able to complete my Cylon socks. They ROCK! I love how they turned out. And they’re very warm.



Also, I completed Jess’ winter gloves. They are very warm and she was able to try them on and LOVES them. I just hope she’s able to get good use out of them.


We had a swap for the FPB. I made the parts for my partner’s teapot, but didn’t put them all together. I didn’t know the exact measurements so I sent the parts to her and she completed the cozy. I stole some photos from her to post!



I also got some awesome yarn for “My Vampire Boyfriend Socks” that I will be completing hopefully this month.



Once all this is done, I have 7 baby hats to quick knit up for friends. Then, it’s all Peanut knitting. I have also decided to take up on my BBC friend, Hannah’s, enthusiasm to quilt and make Peanut’s bedding. I can’t wait to start on the nursery too. I have to pick out new carpet, paint, and fabric. I think that’s all for now. Hopefully I’ll be more chatty in the next few months. We have another appointment for Peanut next Tuesday. We’ll be verifying her sex again as well as a typical checkup. I can’t believe I’m already 26 weeks pregnant and we have less than 100 days until she makes her debut (that’s if she comes on time!)!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment