Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Picky Eaters: Preview

I may have the pickiest eaters in the country.  Peanut won't even eat ice cream...  No, that's not an exaggeration either!  Hubby and I are exhausted every night after the dinner battle with her. She will eventually eat.  For instance, one night, I made plain pasta noodles.  Nothing else on them.  Bean Sprout devoured them almost immediately, but Peanut was still sitting over an hour later, picking at them.  At first, it was "I don't like pasta!"  Then, we heard the "but it's icky" and "I'm too full."  This kid would live on goldfish and cheerios if she could.  She'd also live on strawberries.  Too bad those aren't in season.

Unfortunately, Bean Sprout has begun picking up on her sister's antics.  She had loved rice.  All of a sudden, it was "No!  I don't like that!"  WHAT?!  How do you not like rice?  Then it hit me.  Neither did Peanut.  Facepalm.  I was not doing this again with child #2, and I refuse to have child #3 go down this road once he starts eating.  

I've always chalked Peanut's picky eating to how I was a kid.  I was so picky.  I still will choose chicken fingers and mozzarella sticks over a main entree at a restaurant!  So we're all going to change the way we eat in this household (that will include RoBrotz too, but he doesn't know it yet).  

I'm reading "French Kids Eat Everything" by Karen Le Billon.  I'm starting to look at food, and eating food with my kids in a whole new light.  Over the next few weeks or maybe even months, I'll be updating my blog with our eating habits.  I want to instill healthy eating habits in my children.  It will be a long process and take a lot of work on my end, but I truly believe that it will be worth it to have children who want to eat, and not just snack.

From French Kids Eat Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment