Monday, February 08, 2010

30 Weeks and Lots of Knitting Energy!

I was able to complete my Convertible Gloves I made for Jess' mom. And I got them done by my own personal deadline of February 5!!! I even was able to put buttons on them. Jess loved them, so hurray! I modified the mitten portion again! I did 22 rows of the stockinette stitch for the back of the hand, and the ribbing on the palm side. After that, I did a K1, SSK, knit to last 3 stitches on back of hand, K2TOG, K1. For the palm of the hand I did a similar pattern of K1, SSK, continue in rib to last 3 stitches on palm of hand, K2TOG, K1. I did this until there were 12 stitches total, 6 along the back of the hand, 6 along the front. I then grafted them together as if it were the toe of a sock. Once that was done, I made a quick loop that fit around the button I sewed onto the back of the hand ribbing portion at the wrist of the glove. They turned out wonderfully, I think. And I can't wait to see what Jess' mom's reaction will be. She has no idea that I made them!

DSC02201

Convertibles with Fingers Shown

DSC02200

Convertibles with Fingers Covered



I'm creating a hat for a friend's mom to give to her granddaughter. She's leaving to see her granddaughter this week. I didn't realize this until Saturday. However, yesterday, at the Superbowl party we were at, I was able to get 3/4 of the hat done. I should be able to have it done before she leaves! I'm so excited to get it done. I found the perfect flower to knit onto the hat too. It's a basic hat pattern for the background, but I found a flower scarf that I'll be modifying to put on the hat. I cannot wait to see how it turns out!

I was able to get Crystal her matching hats for her and Hannah. They are so cute together. She was thrilled to see them and put them on. Luckily, both hats fit perfectly well. I told Crystal whenever Hannah grows out of that one, to let me know and I'll keep making her newer ones!!! And she liked the blanket. YAY!

And at lunch, I got my friend's baby hat done. I hope it gets over to her before she moves! I'll be sending it via USPS, but probably overnight it. It was stupid of me to wait until today to mail it, but there was no way I was driving out in the snow on Saturday. Rob's car could barely handle it; I cannot imagine how terrible my car would have been!

Courtney's!

Oh, and here's my 30 week photo! I cannot believe that it's been 30 weeks already. I'm not ready for Peanut to get here quite yet. The carpet in her room needs to be installed and then we need to put furniture together and in the room. We only have 2 outfits for her too, but Dana assures Rob that I won't need to purchase clothes for Peanut for a long, LONG time!

Full Side View - 30 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment