Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Swallowtail Update

I’ve been making some good progress on my swallowtail shawl. It’s been an interesting adventure so far. From Aug 8 though Aug 21, I was able to get the 14 repeats of the Budding Lace pattern completed. Not too shabby considering I was so exhausted all the frakking time from our little leibchen. I was at the Pocono Plateau with the youth group from church and was able to work on more of the shawl. However, I was having a difficult time of doing the 3rd row of the Lily of the Valley Border. I had ripped it out several times and then yesterday I had just about had it.

On ravelry, I found several groups doing this. So Droelma got back to me pretty quick to tell me that she was working on a presentation for work (due yesterday!), but she’d be willing to help me when she had more time later in the day or morning (today). I felt so thankful because it really meant a lot to me! Then I had another knitter, jsknitter, who told me she had done the nupps (a k1,yo,k1,yo,k1 all in one stitch) 9 times on either side of the center markers. This has made me realize that I had been doing the nupp into three stitches instead of just one. So I fixed that up quite nicely and now I’m onto row 7. I have 104 rows done out of 139. I am hoping to get it done by this Friday or Saturday for my fleetwide power battle (Go CYLONS!).

I also have Leslie’s Christmas tote to get done. :::Hangs head in shame::: I’ve just been putting it off longer and longer and longer. Ugh! And I still need to get her a birthday present. Crap! I can’t drive anywhere, maybe I’ll be able to pick something up soon. Grr!!!! Stupid me. I feel like a horrible friend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment